WELAKA, FLORIDA A peaceful and quaint village on the banks of the Historic St Johns River (the river that flows north) where you can:
* Fish and Shrimp from a boat or our public docks.
* Boat, Kayak & Jet Ski on the St Johns and Oklawaha Rivers, also Dunns Creek to Lake Crescent. Boat rentals are available locally.
* Enjoy crystal clear Salt Run at Salt Springs and Silver Glen; where fresh water springs bubble into the St Johns River and Manatees enjoy the 72F water in the wintertime.
* Hike, Bird watch or Ride horseback through The Welaka Forest. Bring your horses as public stables are available.
* Visit our Maritime Museum, Fish Hatchery, Aquarium and local Winery.
* Golf cart rentals are available in our State designated golf cart community.
* Sit back ... Relax ... and watch spectacular sunsets over the river.
For added enjoyment there are many area attractions within a 2 hour drive.
* Beautiful St Augustine, the oldest city in the USA.
* Beaches from Jacksonville to Daytona Beach.
* Disney World, Sea World, Epcot, Adventure Island, Universal Studio in Orlando, Daytona Speedway at Daytona Beach or Silver Springs near Ocala.
* Museums, Flea Markets, Theater, Casino Boats, State Parks, local Festivals, Deep sea fishing, Bike Weeks in both Spring and Fall. The list goes on and on.
Come to Welaka .... relax in a friendly place where the hustle and bustle of city life has not yet arrived.